Saturday, April 02, 2005

Time

Many of us curse time. Many dread time. But if we learn how to befriend it, i think time is always on our side.

In high school we would want to be with the older/cooler kids on the weekends, at that time, it was Movenpick (cafe/restaurant) on Wednesdays. Mum would allow us to go, but not as often as we'd like. (Us= my cousins/friends & I). The weekend rules would be set by the mother who we'd be visiting, and for some reason, and although mum had the strictest rules, our house was the preferred weekend destination.

I asked a lot of questions as a youngster and being the fourth and last child, my mother did not always have the energy to answer my nagging questions. However, when she did answer, she almost always made sense, not necessarily on that day or year, but sometime in life. Her reason for us not being allowed to hang out at the Movenpick at that age was 'where would you go when you're in University-- Kilshay ib wakta 7ilo (translation: everything in the correct timing is more beautiful)'

I totally agree. This rule, i believe works for everything: experiences, relationships, travel, etc.

Now of course because this is Sheba in the Plushness domain (which is becoming less and less anonymous, but we've already established that that shouldn't change my 'boldness'), my next analogy of my mother's lesson will be applied to affairs of the heart. How many times has a relationship which_could_have_been get shot down because of bad timing? Either the courtship was too short, or one of the people involved was not ready for the next step or for the commitment or something?

So, when timing is disregarded, is the damage reversible? And how?

Comments:
I like your positively realistic outlook john doe, and welcome to Plushness.
 
You reminded me these lines by T.S.Eliot:
Think now She [History]gives when our attention is distracted
And what she gives, gives with such supple confusions
That the giving famishes the craving. Gives too late
What's not believed in, or if still believed,
In memory only, reconsidered passion. Gives too soon
Into weak hands, what's thought can be dispensed with
Till the refusal propagates a fear."

-from Gerontion
 
Time, where did you go?
Why did you leave me here alone?
Wait, don't go so fast
I'm missing the moments as they pass

I'm down on my knees
I'm begging for all your sympathy
I'll take what you give me.
Please know that I'm learning

So wait for me this time
I should've know better
I shouldn't have wasted those days
And afternoons and mornings
I threw them all away
Now this is my time
I'm going to make this moment mine.
 
Hmmm.. I don't think damage is reversible.. Not that I've ever tried really!

Beautiful Sheba,
To hell with anonymity..

It was very nice meeting you :)
 
Alexis, i didn't experience love in my teenage yrs & i'm glad! i don't think i would've been able to handle the heart break.

Shosho, love it!

Misguided, did you write that? Beautiful!

NWMH, i like your rational because i do not like to lose hope :) Don't underestimate yourself.

Shurouq,
Thank you babe. It was very nice to have met you too :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]